top of page
New Project (2) (1) (13).jpg

When To Use A 501(c)(3)



Ministries that will rely on grant money should keep or establish a 501(c)(3).  Many Faith Based Organizations (FBO) have outreach programs that utilize grant money to help provide food, shelter, or education to those in need.  In these cases a 501(c)(3) organization is required to apply and maintain reporting requirements for the grant.  If your FBO fits this description, we can show you how your FBO can have both a 508(c)(1)(a) and a 501(c)(3) and how these organizations interact.


Free Your Church / Ministry 508(c)(1)(a)


Please complete the following sections to add the 508(c)(1)(a) to your cart.

  • Contact Information (Name, Mailing Address, Email Address, Phone Number)

  • Church/Ministry Address

  • Name of the 508 (c)(1)(a) religious non-profit organization

  • Initial Board Members (Names)




The 508(c)(1)(a) Faith Based Organization (FBO) is a religious, non-profit, tax-exempt organi-zation.  The 508(c)(1)(a) FBO is separate and distinct from a 501(c)(3) and unincorporated FBO’s.  The 508(c)(1)(a) is applicable in all 50 states and recognized internationally under the Hague Convention of the United Nations Charter.

What comes with the 508(c)(1)(a) purchase?


  • The Articles of Organization

  • Certificate of Incorporation

  • UBI Number

  • SS4 and Tax Identification Number

  • Certificate of Existence/Authorization

  • Charities Registration Exemption Letter Signed by the Secretary of State Listing the 508 As A Tax-Exempt Organization

  • First Year Registered Agent Services

  • Bylaws Template

  • Sample First Minutes of Board Meeting


bottom of page